Monday, November 22, 2010

Rehearsal Cancelled-ARGH!!!

This morning we went to the chamber orchestra rehearsal as usual around 730. When we arrived, the whole place was locked up. It is usually not open on Mondays since it is open all weekend for cultural events. The orchestra also does not usually rehearse on Mondays, only for this concert. therefore, there was a lack of communication and no one there to let us in.

After about 30 minutes of discussing options, we decided we would just not be able to rehearse today, and would go again tomorrow as scheduled. I am not too stressed as they are about 90 percent ready for the concert anyway, and tomorrow I was just going to do a dress rehearsal run through of everything. I can spend the first 30-45 minutes hitting those spots I was concerned about, then we will run the concert and we will be ready.

My main concern is that I have only had one rehearsal with the opera singers and there were alot of transition problems since I do not know the opera itself. I was hoping to spend some good time today working through that, but I guess it will just have to wait until tomorrow. It will be fine I am sure.

Since no rehearsal, Arley and I went on my first shopping trip to buy gifts for the family. We went to a mall which was very interesting. four floors and many, many shops of traditional Brazilian stuff. I got some neat stuff that I can't tell you about as my family is reading my blog!!

Then we just came back to the hotel and I was back here by 11am. He will pick me up around 330 today and we are going to go to his home and hang out and talk about music and curriculum.

Tonight, I am the guest at Beatrice's English school class. She is excited to take me to show to her friends. I feel like a piece of show and tell!!! I am going to speak English with the children for awhile, then after class we are going to shop some more and eat out. It will be a fun night.

So basically, I guess this is really a day off for me, which is actually very nice after the grueling schedule from last week.

I will see you later

No comments:

Post a Comment