Wednesday, November 17, 2010

bom dia



Good Morning:
It is 7am here and I am getting picked up at 730 to go to my first rehearsal with the chamber orchestra. I am a bit nervous, but excited as well. I slept really well last night. I got up at 630, which is 330 on my body clock. that will take some getting used to. Had a nice breakfast.

Last night, I met with Arley and his wife Christina and daughter Beatrice. They are both beautiful and very nice. Bea speaks a little english, but Christina none. We had a very nice evening going over the schedule, having dinner, and then going to the cultural center of the city where there was live music. we met up with some trombone players who were have a masterclass. Teh leader is originally from Brazil, but now lives and plays in Rome. Since I am going to Rome in May, we exchanged cards so we can meet up when I am there.

We just looked around this wonderful area for awhile as one of the band concerts will be in an open plaza there. I will get pics later. We did not get back until around 1030 so I went to bed around 1130 and asleep around midnight.

It is another sunny warm day here. They say the temperature is always around 85-90 degrees. It was pretty warm yesterday for sure. Am continuing to learn more portuguese. I have rehearsal from 830-1130 this morning, then back here for lunch, then we leave at 3 to drive to Pindoretama for the first band rehearsal tonight. I have a two hour rehearsal with them tonight, then back here for dinner at 830 at the hotel. They eat pretty late here like they do in Paraguay. Sounds like alot of late nights and early mornings!!

I guess that is about it for now. I will try to write this afternoon between rehearsals.

Tchau

No comments:

Post a Comment