Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Day with Alan










I forgot to write yesterday about my visit to Alan's home for lunch. Alan is about 63 years old and was born in the UK. After he finished high school, he moved to Germany and started teaching english for various corporations. No university training, just his own system. He eventually got a job teaching english for Lufthansa Airlines and worked for them many years. Since he flew for virtually free, Alan has been all over the world. A very interesting man. He was at the concert on Sunday at Drago Mar and came up and talked to me. He invited me to his home for dinner so we went on Wednesday.

He lives in a very nice home by Brazilian standards. He lives by himself with three dogs. He can only stay in Brazil 6 months a year, so the other 6 months he travels the world.

He took a job in Rio about 10 years ago, and travelled to Fortaleza on vacation weekends. He fell in love with the area, so when he retired four years ago, he decided to move here to live.

We had a great time just hanging out and talking. I feel like I have a new friend and I will definitely contact him should I make the trip back to Brazil in the future.

He is going to start travelling to Pindoretama a couple days per week and teaching english to the students in the project. Very cool

No comments:

Post a Comment