Friday, November 19, 2010

A quick blog before lunch

Good Morning:
What a great rehearsal this morning with the chamber orchestra!!! I had some time to prepare myself on the Ballade and Bergomask so we spent alot of time on that piece. Lots of tempo transitions to work through, but it was pretty good by the end of that segment. We will need to review on Monday and Tuesday.

I talked with them a bit about how I have never heard their orchestra before so I don't have any idea what the standard is. I asked them if the quality we are producing lives up to their standards,and without exception, they all gave me a big thumbs up and big smiles, indicating to me that they are very pleased with what we have done and that they are proud of what we will perform at the concert. This made me feel really good. I think it sounds wonderful, but I want to make sure they are happy with the outcome.

One of the players told me how much he appreciates the relaxed rehearsal environment and how it makes him want to do well, rather than feeling pressured to do well. I am very comfortable with them and it is going to be a great concert.

I am going to get some lunch now and then Arley will once again pick me up at 3pm to go to Pindoretama for my final rehearsal with the wind orchestra. I know they will be excited for rehearsal tonight since the concerts are Saturday and Sunday. I have asked Arley to drive me around town before rehearsal so I can get some pictures to post. I will try to do those tonight when I get home.

that is all for now. Tchau, Tchau

No comments:

Post a Comment