Monday, November 15, 2010

Off to Brazil

Well, I left KCI at 3:10pm right on schedule and landed in Atlanta on time, not a very long flight. Am sitting in a TGIF having dinner. My flight does not leave until 915 so I have some time to kill. Fly all night and arrive in Brasilia, Brazil (the capitol of Brazil) around 9:00am there time. They are three hours ahead so it will feel very early. I then leave Brasilia at 10:54 and arrive in Fortaleza around 12:30.
Will have the rest of the day to check in and relax

Rehearsals begin on Wednesday with chamber orchestra rehearsals from 830-1130 each day and band rehearsals from 5:00-6:30. Only three band rehearsals before the concert so that worries me a bit. I hope they have the music prepared!!!! With the chamber orchestra, I get three rehearsals this week and two next week so we should be fine there.

Temperature has been 87 for the last week straight, with no change in sight. Should be beautiful. Arley (I will speak of him often-he is the person who invited me down) was going to the beach with his wife and daughter today so maybe I will be able to do that sometime when we have some down time.

Was hard to leave the family again for this long. Caleb was especially clinging to me. Love them all and will miss them. I am lucky to have these types of opportunities though.

Well, I will write more when I get a chance, but I wanted to get the blog started. I will try to write in Brasilia if they have wifi in the airport. Going to study some Portuguese for awhile.

Talk more later

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment