Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday wrap up

What a great day and relaxing evening I had.

Started the day with a nice breakfast and then off to watch the world cup match at the rehearsal facility. Nothing quite like sitting in a room full of Paraguayans when their national team defeats Japan in the world cup in overtime. It was AMAZING!!!!! See video.

Then we had to try to calm everyone down to have a productive rehearsal. I was very proud of the orchestra in that they were able to constrain their enthusiasm and have what was the best rehearsal so far. We really go alot done and the group is starting to gel. Only two more rehearsals until concert time.

After rehearsal, Gustavo walked me back to the hotel as he was worried about me being out in the streets with all of the celebrations. It was NUTS!!! People everywhere and lots of partying. It was still going on at 6pm tonight!!!

Gustavo picked me up around 7 to go to his family's house for dinner. I was really looking forward to this. We had pizza, possibly the best pizza I have ever had, and just hung out with his family and talked. It was a great time. I just love hanging out at his house and with his family.

His dad talked to me alot about establishing an official partnership to create a private conservatory here in Paraguay that I would be a part of. I am excited to pursue this as we move into the future. I think Edgar believes in me and wants me to be a part of this.

Back at the hotel now getting ready for bed. I am going to teach a 2 hour conducting class the next three mornings to some students from area conservatories. It should be fun. I knew things were going to get busy here at the end.

A good day in Paraguay and I am getting very excited about the concert.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment