Monday, June 21, 2010

end of long day

Well, I am now in my hotel room in Asuncion after a very long day of travel. We arrived exactly on time, but our ride did not pick us up until an hour late because our flight schedule said we arrived at 510, but that was BA time, not Paraguay time. We are an hour ahead of BA. No big deal, just stood outside for an hour and were confused as to what we should do.

Upon pick up, we went to Gustavo's in-laws house to drop off the two suitcases we brought home for him. Had a glass of peach juice. Wow, was that good. Just like orange juice but made from fresh squeezed peaches. Then we came to the hotel and got checked in. Same hotel as last year and it is very nice. I am on the 7th floor and Jim is upstairs on the 11th floor.

After a much needed shower and change of clothes, we met some of the percussionists from the OSN and Gustavo and we went down the street to a place to get dinner. I had a piece of steak with grilled onions and fried eggs on it. They put fried eggs on just about anything down here!!! Then I had a ham and cheese empanada-yummy. And of course, a few Beveria beers. Came back and tried to skype Kelly and the kids. My end worked ok, but I had a hard time hearing them. Will have to work that out. Video skype is really cool though. I could see them and they could see me and it is all free. Cool.

Ready for bed. It is 1130 here and tomorrow is my first day of rehearsal. Hope to read through and do some basic rehearsing on the first half of the concert tomorrow. They will be reading as they have not seen the music yet. Ought to be interesting.

I will write again tomorrow and I hope you are all well.

Until then

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment