Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Upcoming Trip

Well, I am very excited that I have once again been invited by the US Embassy and the OSN to conduct a concert this July. It is a great experience. I will be leaving KCI on Sunday, June 20 and arriving in Asuncion on Monday, June 21-yes, a very long flight through Houston, Buenos Aires, and eventually to Asuncion.

I will have rehearsals on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I will then have Friday through Sunday off to do some excursions which I did not have time to do last time I was there. My good friend and GTA Gustavo Aquino and his wife Rosanna will be there this time so I am really looking forward to them giving me the inside view of Paraguay this time.

I will then have a week of rehearsals Monday through Thursday, with the concert on Friday, July 2nd in the evening. I fly out on Saturday the 3rd and will arrive back in Kansas City on July 4th.

My good friend and colleague Jim Clanton will be traveling with me and performing part of a vibraphone concerto on the concert as guest soloist. Jim and I are good friends and it will be great to spend two weeks with him.

I will try to blog everyday if possible so everyone knows what is going on. Hope you enjoy reading about my trip.

See you in about a week.

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment