Saturday, June 19, 2010

Departure

Well, tomorrow is our departure for Paraguay. My good friend and colleague Jim Clanton is going on the trip as well to be the featured soloist on the concert and to do some teaching while he is there. We will have a great time together. Sure going to miss the family. This is the longest I have ever been away from them.

We will leave Pburg at 1230 to head to KC. Mom and Dad are taking us to the airport around 330. We won't get into Asuncion until 430 on Monday, so a very long travel period. Taking alot to do on the plane.

I think I have my stuff together. Feel pretty prepared on the scores, although I have never conducted most of the music so that is a little scary. I would rather do music I have already done in these situations, but I simply haven't conducted that much orchestral music. I am sure it will go fine.

Also going to be teaching some conducting master classes at the National Conservatory while there. Also be doing some work at the Asuncion Conservatory where my former student Gustavo is now the head band conductor. Looking forward to helping him get his stuff organized.

I hope you will enjoy reading the blog and I will try to enter each day.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment